Nursing foundation lab is one which makes the imagination of hospital set up, and the students can study the procedures and all the things on dummy with the help of clinical instructors. These will help the students to reduce the stress and fear about the hospital environment.
- To increase awareness among the students in the field of medicine to get a positive understanding between the doctor, nurse and patient in treating patient.
- For providing practical knowledge as a demonstration in the institutional set up itself without any barrier.
- The actual part is attained if the students have imaginary set up of a fundamental lab.
- The teacher demonstrates the procedure of an environment in the hospital set up.
- The new students get direct experience to prepare themselves for hospital events.
- To explain the basic concept of conceptual and theoretical models of nursing.
- The lab is well furnished and well ventilated with all the necessary equipments like patient beds, mattresses, bed sheets, bedside locker, linens and blankets, napkins and towels, bed cradle, cardiac table, wheel chair, stretcher, critical care unit( with O2 cylinder with flow meter, CPR dummy and Suction apparatus), different sizes procedure trays, and other instruments. And all the equipments are as per INC recognize and enough for each nursing courses.
- The lab also contains the manikin of three adult male and female as well as one new born. There is one dummy of hand with visible veins which is using to study the procedure of introducing IVcannula.
- There are some charts prepared by the 1st year B.Sc.Nursing students like types of O2 masks, injection sites, methods of medication administration, procedure of T.P.R B.P, nebulizationprocedure, first aid kit, etc. The models prepared by the 1st year students are kept in the lab like emergency tray, medication administration tray, ICU set up, and Hospital set up.
- The students are doing all basic nursing procedures like bed bath, CPR, IV cannula insertion, IV therapy, Hair care, etc.
- They are used to study the instruments which are used in hospitals, tray set up, maintaining aseptic technique during the procedure, etc.
- They are allowed to issue the articles for the procedure. This all activities are done for encouraging the students to be a functional nurse.